In the event there is a snow delay or a 2 hour delay, the following will be the procedure
- Bakersfield Broadcasting System (radio and television) will have the information for the district between 6:00 and 8:00 am.
- A 2 hour delay may be changed to “School Closed” if conditions do not improve. Keep the radio or television on for further updates. For this reason, students may not be dropped off at the school until 10:00 am.
- If telephones are working, every effort will be made to have the Online School System call you. Often the Online School System will encounter “no answer”, and answering machine, busy signal for extended periods, phone numbers no longer working, no phone, or have requested the district office not release your telephone number. Please be aware that the phone number that the computer-generated Online School System message uses will not look familiar. Whenever inclement weather makes you doubt if school will be held, call your student’s school, or the district office and listen to the radio.
- At times bad weather sets in rapidly and it will be necessary to send students home early. Every effort will be made to provide bus transportation. In the case that it isn’t safe to transport by bus, your student must be picked up. The district office and the Online School System will be calling with that information. Practice with your child what they are to do if the office cannot contact you, and let your child’s school know your procedure.
- At times there will be school, but NO BUS service due to weather conditions. This decision must be made 1 1/2 hours before school, and conditions could change enough to allow school to be held, but too late to make a bus run.
- Even if your student walks to school, please keep in mind that the teachers and staff members must be able to arrive safely to school. The district has both the student’s and the staff’s safety to consider.
Reminder about Students with Fevers
We want to insure all students are healthy at school. Please remember that if your student is sent home with a fever or your student had a fever, please do not send them back to school until “they no longer have a fever or signs of a fever without the use of fever-reducing medications (any medicine that contains ibuprofen or acetaminophen)”. They must be 24 hours “fever free”. Also, if your student is out for more than three days with an illness, please send in a doctor’s note explaining why student is not able to attend school. Please contact the office any time your student is absent. If the District does not hear from you, your child will be marked truant.