Please download Re-Opening of Piute Mountain School Covid-19 Guidelines pdf, sign and return to school office. Thank you.
General Worksite Guidance
- Required use of face coverings for staff and students of all ages while on campus.
- Physical distancing, maximizing outdoor space and limiting non-essential staff and visitors to prevent COVID-19 transmission.
- Arrange desks so they all face the same direction with 6-feet of separation.
- Measures regarding hand washing, healthy hygiene practices, cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Must wear a mask/face shield when using the restroom due to close proximity of other students.
- No sharing of food or buffet style lunches are allowed. Each student will be provided with a grab-n-go lunch provided by the district unless they bring their own meal from home.
- Superintendent/Principal will be the single point of contact for questions or concerns around practices, protocols or potential exposure.
- Each student will be provided a mask and a face shield by the school district. Students can bring their own from home (Must be compliant with STUDENTS DRESS AND GROOMING CODE AR 5132a: shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising, promotions of likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice).
- KEDS program will only be offered on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12 – 2:45pm.
- Students will not be allowed to play on the playground equipment until further notice.
- Students who do not ride the bus and will be dropped off at school will need to have their temperature checked in the office. Temperature needs to be less than 100.4.
- Student’s temperatures will be taken before leaving to school and before they are taken home. If students display a temperature reading above 100.4 then they will not be allowed to ride the school bus. Parents/guardians need to wait with student until temperature reading is confirmed.
- Students will be grouped together with family members.
- Students will be required to wear a mask during bus rides to and from school.
- Visitors will only be allowed onsite by appointment.
- Visitors will have their temperature taken and if temperature is above 100.4 then they will be asked to come back another day.
- Visitors may enter the building from 8:00am – 3:00pm, Monday – Thursday.
- Visitors must check in at the registrar desk and wear a mask.
Cleaning and Safety Measures
- Workspace will adhere to CDC social distancing requirements.
- Using CDC guidelines, high touch site disinfection rounds will be made daily in high traffic areas.
- Deep clean every Friday.
- Posting CDC handwashing guidance in all restrooms and classrooms.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water and scrubbing for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- If a sink is not in proximity, please utilize the hand sanitizer stations.
- Additional hand sanitizer foam pump dispensers will be mounted near high traffic areas.
- Adhere to CDC guidelines.
- Ensure a minimum of 6 feet between people.
- Avoid handshaking/hugging when greeting others.
- Stagger breaks and lunches to ensure social distancing in break/lunchrooms.
Failure for a student to comply with the following guidelines will result in a parent/guardian phone call, parent/student-Superintendent meeting, and/or parent/guardian asked to take student home for the day. Thank you for your understanding.